Thursday, July 2, 2009

Qalqilya, West Bank

I was the first to wake up this morning. I feel like I am in a very safe place. The man whose home I am staying at was the mayor of the city I am in for 10 years. He now works for the Palestinian Authority. He seems to know everyone in the whole city. Everyone waves to him as he passes. I am leanring names for various items in arabic. I had plums, and eggs for breakfast. My host is part of Fatah, as opposed to Hamas. At dinner the other night, we all had a laugh. His wife offered me more hummus for my bread, but it sounded a lot like hamas. As I knew he was part of Fatah, I said "no more fatah." Everyone roared laughing. She said "not more haamas, more huummus." Oh mistakes, they are funny. I am walking the marketplace in Qalqilya, and am using the internet in a store for jawwal, or cell phones. Today I will go swimming and to the zoo. I hope to keep updating, i will do it as i am able.

No comments:

Post a Comment