Friday, July 10, 2009

Moutains and Flames

So more surprises today. I went to a barbeque, where I said my first correct complete sentence in Arabic; you could say i pick up slowly. Anyway, while we were eating, a forest fire broke out next to us, and it quickly consumed huge trees and we had to move fast, as it doesn't rain in summer. We had to call the Palestinian fire service, and they made it in like 7 minutes to some remote mountain road. I was quite impressed. They quickly put it out, but not before the fire had consumed a fair number of trees. After that, we ate and decided to hike down the mountain. I got torn up from all the sharp and pointy plants, but had a great time. There were lots of olive trees. I made it up to the top again, although I got a slight burn on my finger from a hot coal that landed on me. Haha, no worries, I am well; it's just funny that I was next to a wildfire today. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment